No one ever wants to have trouble eating their favorite food. This is the reason why you opted for braces so that with a little bit of patience while wearing these you will not have to cope with specific food groups that get stuck in-between your teeth.
Your Medford Oregon dentist at http://medforddentist.net will tell you that you can have your braces off a lot sooner if you stick to the plan of eating the right foods and staying away from the wrong food group to ensure you cope so much better with your metal mouth and keep your teeth healthy.
Everyone desires lovely straight teeth and getting these least painfully.
Next time your child needs braces, make sure you discuss the various diet options with a trained orthodontic specialist in Medford Oregon.
What Would Be the Best Foods You Can Eat Using Braces?
It doesn’t mean that when you’re wearing braces that you should not eat. You just need to know which foods do not get stuck in the braces and if they do that you can just rinse it out using water.
Here is the list:
- Vegetables: Be sure to steam your veggies and chew them properly.
- Soft fruits: Oranges, bananas, grapefruits, as well as any other soft fruit is not only easy on your braces but delicious too.
- Dairy products: Cheeses and yogurts will now become your best friend due to ease of consumption.
- Seafood: Salmon, tuna, and other fish turn out to be an excellent source of protein, and it won’t get stuck.
- Soft bread: Muffins, pancakes, biscuits, and soft tortillas are all good.
- Eggs: Eggs are made for braces as you can eat them any way you like and they’d still be easy to consume.
- Grains: We are referring to soft boiled rice, pasta, and noodles.
Worst Foods You Can Eat Wearing Braces
Certain foods will be painful to remove when you have braces. Rather stay away from the following foods:
- Nuts: They are just too hard to chew
- Popcorn: It is nearly impossible for the kernels not to get stuck in your braces.
- Tough meat: Red meat especially can be hard to eat.
- Gum: This should be a no-brainer. Gum would quickly be caught in your braces and cause you headaches to try and remove it.
- Ice: In most cases, ice melts, but the odd one would be chewed, which is not a good idea when you wear braces.
- Corn chips: The tendency is to think that chips are easy to chew. However, they break and sharpen into pieces that make them hard to get out.
- Hard chocolate: If you want the metal out of your mouth, you should eat chocolate as it sticks to your teeth for longer and also has high sugar content.
- Crackers or hard cookies: These may easily get lodged in between braces.
It is imperative to know that anything sticky or hard that you place in your mouth may result in harm to your teeth and braces.
Whether you currently wear braces or intend doing so in future, ensure you are aware of what you can or cannot eat. The chances of them getting off on time would be so much better.
Speak to your trusted dentist in Medford concerning you diet options while wearing braces.
Without a doubt, orthodontists have good hearts and a caring attitude towards their patients. To illustrate the point we are making let us take a look at what one orthodontic specialist did to show he cares for others.
During September 2017 in Hampton Roads, VA a local orthodontist launched a program called “Smile it Forward” The initiative at the time was to provide students in the community with free braces.
The orthodontic professional and founder of Behl Orthodontics in the area felt that this form of treatment is an essential investment as it boosts one’s confidence and self-esteem.
The goal of this initiative at the time was to pay it forward and provide deserving kids, regardless of their financial status, the chance to enjoy the benefits orthodontics could provide. In doing so, his dental clinic awarded a free treatment on a monthly basis for a while.
At least, this way, students could experience powerful transformations they can be proud of for many years to come.